Sea salt and peppercorns.Image via Wikipedia

Living a gluten and MSG life style can have its challenges. I have found the easiest way to avoid hidden ingredients is to make things myself. I make Season Salt myself because most brands list natural flavorings on the ingredients. One can never know for sure what these "natural flavors" include, so I find it is the best practice to avoid these as well. Here is my Season Salt recipe.

2 TBSP Salt
2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp Paprika (from home grown dried peppers)
1/4 tsp. Turmeric
1/4 tsp. Onion powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder ( I make my own)
1/4 tsp. GF cornstarch


Combine all ingredients in an air tight container (preferably glass). Store in cool, dark place.


This entry was posted on 1:06 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: